Monday, January 01, 2007

Successful Sewing

Here is a summary (not very short) of our sewing weekend where we worked on some costumes for AB'07. You know, my parents went to that New Year's Eve party & the neighbors were like "why are there so many cars in your driveway?" (we had 5 guests + 4 family members + one of my sisters who was in & out + an extra truck = about 11 cars at the most), well my Mum tried to explain, but the neighbors were just like, "ooookay, they're making costumes of animated characters to wear at a convention where there are more people doing the same thing....riiiiiiight." My Mum defended us though & said that we all just have a lot of fun, which my neighbors didn't understand (because it does not involve alcohol of some form). Screw them, WE ROCK!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!! Now on to the photos.

Yes, alchemy started in the kitchen & aside from the occasional rat chunk, Rachel (Winry) was a very good pancake flipper. Kylah (Noa) is, unfortunately, not as good.


We made quite a mess. After staying up late Saturday night, the quote of the day on Sunday was "How pathetic is that, we get out of bed and just start sewing again." Which we did. It was a very successful weekend though. Eliza sewed (& did a marvelous job of it), Rachel did some good work on her Rosette costume, Lyndsey's formal Ed jacket is coming along beautifully, Jenna's formal kimono is absolutely gorgeous, Sara started her formal dress, and Kylah got some of her Noa costume done!




Later Sunday night, Lyndsey had a little trouble getting a bowl, she wouldn't let me or Jenna help, but she eventually got it. All we could think of was FMA because she loves that series so much & she always cosplay's as Ed. It was pretty funny.



Well, sewing weekend 2006 was great fun. Everyone came on Saturday & it snowed! That was kind of harrowing for Lyndsey & Rachel who came up from Connecticut. When Sara, Jenna, & Eliza got to my house we all loaded up in the car and went over to Joann Fabrics (big sale) to get some stuff that we thought we would need (Jenna & Eliza got some formal kimono fabric, whereas Sara got some formal fabric for her dress, & I got lots of tulle for my underskirt). It was pretty funny, I think we spent an hour in there (or more). We have to send out a major thanks to Marie at the cutting table because Jenna had about 15 bolts to be cut, Eliza had about 5, I had 4, & Sara had 2, and no, we couldn't get just a yard, we had to get 6 yards here, 8 yards there, the whole bolt, it was crazy.
Then me, Lyndsey, & Rachel went Sunday morning & we got more. At first Marie didn't say anything, but then she started to talk about us from the day before. I looked at Lyndsey and the three of us burst out laughing and Marie noticed that I had been in the group Saturday. She then said she didn't remember Lyndsey & Rachel & they said they hadn't been there & she said "Oh, so you two were the ones who were calling her while they were in line?" That was pretty funny.
But, aside from traumatizing the ladies at Joann Fabrics, we did a lot and I am looking into when I get another break so that Candice can come down and work on her costume(s)! If anyone else wants to come that weekend too, just give me a shout when I post the date(s) I am free! I will post with plenty of warning this time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Hehe. Sounds like you guys had fun~ So now that I have posted does that mean I joined the blog? :D

Tue Jan 16, 01:13:00 PM EST  
Blogger mustangannie666 said...

Actually Lauren, send me an e-mail and I will add you to the list of contributors above. You will get an e-mail from blogger that will ask you to log-in and choose a name & it will put you up there under Cat I think. Anyone can comment on the blog, special people get their (chosen) names up there >wink<

Wed Jan 17, 10:56:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home