Monday, February 26, 2007

Eeeeek!


Okay, it only took me like 20 minutes to get the blogger to switch over after I signed up for a google account. *sigh* The site was glitchy! But I gotta say, Eliza, that kimono looks AWESOME! I love the color! I'm finally starting the process of creating my costume. I decided to make a dress (I know, ambitious for someone who really can't sew) for the ball. It's a dress from a manga and not an anime, so I have no idea what the colors are supposed to be, but I found a dress pattern that is sooooo much like it. The manga is Queen's Knight, if anyone is curious. I have the material (red) but honestly, I'm rather afraid to start the whole process without Kylah helping me decifer the pattern itself. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm thinking of having the sleeves be a creme colored material. It's supposed to be some sort of see-thru meshy material.

I dunno, Kylah, think I can handle this?!

2 Comments:

Blogger mustangannie666 said...

I think you can, you just need to take is slowly. Especially if you get some chiffon or organza for the sleeves. What does the headdress look like? If there isn't one, maybe we should make you a little circlet of flowers? Also, don't forget the pattern ease! (if you want it)

Mon Feb 26, 05:38:00 PM EST  
Blogger wuakini said...

There isn't a headdress- Yuna is wearing her hair long and straight (I already ordered a wig) with what looks like a single strand and bead on the forhead. I keep meaning to scan the picture so you can see it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I need to find some more pattern ease- the Fabric Bonanza up here had it but called it something else, and now they have gone out of business. I'm also having a hard time finding what to use for the boarder around the neck and on the sleeves. I spent some time at walmart today and completely struck out! I haven't found the material for the sleeves yet, either. I have been looking at petticoats on ebay- there's a woman who makes them for wedding dresses and I've narrowed it down to two of them- I can't decide how puffy it should be. It's hard for me to figure out from the dress pattern which one will work better. ARGH. I'm going to have to take a drive to Bangor, I think, and try the JoAnn Fabric and see if I have any better luck finding the stuff I need...

Mon Feb 26, 05:53:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home